Here's to our crazy life with 4 kids and a dog!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dan's Homecoming!!

I knew this day was coming but was anticipating it to be in March not February 29. What a great Leap Year!!! I held the news from the kids because I wanted them to actually get school work done. So I held them off as long as I could. On the way home they kept asking why I picked them up from school. I told them that I was in town and felt no reason for them to ride the bus. Keegan thought Dan was already home and was very distraught when I told him he wasn't. About brought him to tears. Then we got home and they saw the following signs (Paige already knew because she had been home sick all day-she did very well at keeping the secret)

Once they saw the signs, there was no holding it back. They knew that evening we'd be going to pick up Dan from the airport. I had gotten special shirts for the girls back when he came home on break and they were able to wear them again this time. I also found some awesome shirts for the boys to wear. So once snacks were eaten and homework done we changed our clothes and got ready to go. We left a lot earlier than I expected but we were so excited that it was pointless to drag it out any longer than necessary. We filled the gas tanks and got drinks and were on our way. I had asked a friend who has her own photography business to capture all our moments at the airport. She gladly obliged and all the following pictures are the ones she took. We got to the airport with a ridiculous amount of time before Dan's flight so we spent it wondering around and checking the flight schedule.  He was one of the last off the flight (which just about killed us) and the kids just about ran him over once he came off the escalator. It was wonderful and we were all holding back tears. Welcome home Dan!!















this is my favorite picture

it doesn't look like it, but seth, keegan and paige are in there somewhere.







pictures taken by erin ratchford photography

2 smarmy thoughts:

Megan said...

What a precious reunion! I teared up at the pictures. I am so glad he is home and safe!!!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

I am so tearing up right now!!!!! I'm so happy Dan is home safe and sound. You both braved a long year and I'm so happy you're all together again!