Our worst fears were realized when the job market here in AZ tanked and Dan couldn't find a job to keep him here. So guess what......yeah........he's heading back to Afghanistan. At least that's an option. I am grateful, however, I just wish he didn't have to go back. It's super emotional for all of us. We had told the kids he'd never have to go back so they are really having a hard time adjusting to the news. He left this morning and it was just as I figured. Lots of tears and weeping. Luckily it's only for 6 months, but it's still another 6 months. By the time he comes home this time he'll have been gone over 2 years. Really?????? This is stupid. Hopefully the job market will turn and he won't have to be gone the whole time. We can dream right?
After dropping Dan off at the airport it got hot, hot, hot. So the kids got into their bathing suits and we turned on the sprinkler. Angus wasn't sure what to make of it, so he stayed on the patio and watched. The kids enjoyed it and it was a great way to cool off. It's not supposed to get this hot, this early. Ug....gonna be a hot summer for sure!!
Dan called and arrived in VA safely. I'm glad. Here we go again.......
After dropping Dan off at the airport it got hot, hot, hot. So the kids got into their bathing suits and we turned on the sprinkler. Angus wasn't sure what to make of it, so he stayed on the patio and watched. The kids enjoyed it and it was a great way to cool off. It's not supposed to get this hot, this early. Ug....gonna be a hot summer for sure!!
Dan called and arrived in VA safely. I'm glad. Here we go again.......








1 smarmy thoughts:
I was SO sad to hear Dan was leaving again. I can't imagine how difficult that was for all of you - and still is. Hope you're hanging in there and that 6 months flies by.
Post a Comment