I had my first paying cake customer last weekend. I've been trying to start a cake business for a while now. Basically i've been doing cakes for friends to get the practice. Well my friend Sarina (big thanks for this one!!!) told a co-worker about my cakes and she decided to order one. I basically charged what it cost to make it so I could get more practice. But it's still my first paying customer and from what I heard she loved the cake. It was for her daughter's 6th birthday. It was to be a princess party and she loves the color pink. So I found a tiara and made that the focus of the cake. It was a white cake with a strawberry filling. 4 layers high. I covered it in pink buttercream frosting and sugar crystals. It was hard to keep the boys away from it! Obviously I still have a long way to go, but with my work at a bakery and the stuff I do on the side (Paige's birthday cake is next) i'll be where I want to be with my decorating and designing in no time!
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Cake -2
Posted by Rebekah at 2:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 smarmy thoughts:
Post a Comment