Anyone who knows us, knows we've had a tv armoir (beast) for a long time. Well since we lived in Utah. It belonged to Dan's parents and when Margot ran out of room she gave it to us. It's been around for a while and seen many, many days. And been moved several times. This thing was not pretty by any means. It had been colored on, lost all door knobs and the center door was missing the middle piece. It was a wreck-functional, but ugly. I was just looking through a magazine and got an idea. I wanted to redo it and seperate the top from the bottom. The bottom part was fine, just needed another piece of wood to top it off (when the top of the armoir was removed it opened up the bottom.). So I bought the wood and decided on paint colors. Amy came up with the brilliant idea to put the faux metal piece in the middle door. Love it!!! I adore how it came out!!! Wish I would have done it a long time ago, but at least it's done now! More to come later on what my plans are for the top of the armoir!
before-with the new piece of wood on top.
after-new hardware and paint-and it doesn't even look like the same piece of furniture!








0 smarmy thoughts:
Post a Comment