In trying to keep the kids occupied with activities other than video games, we signed Keegan up for soccer. I decided to go with a smaller group instead of the city and it's been a very pleasant experience. It's through one of the local churches and I really like the way they do things. It's very centered on good sportsmanship and keeping a Christ centered heart. (I wish more things were like that). There is competition, but it's not as heavy as it would be in a city league. Practices are once a week and at the end of the practice the coach gathers the team and they have a prayer to keep everyone safe for the coming week. Keegan is really enjoying it so far and I love it because it wears him out on practice nights! Today was the first game of the season. It was chilly this morning when we left but soon warmed up quite a bit. I even got a slight sun burn on my arms and face. Thank you Arizona. The game was 4 on 4 and before anyone played they started it off with a scripture and a prayer. Nice.
Keegan started off slow and I attribute that to the fact that he's still getting used to all the running around and plus he was sick earlier in the week. Still trying to get back to 100%. But once he got going he did great. Even prevented the last goal of the game by deflecting it. I think we are going to have a great season!!!
Keegan started off slow and I attribute that to the fact that he's still getting used to all the running around and plus he was sick earlier in the week. Still trying to get back to 100%. But once he got going he did great. Even prevented the last goal of the game by deflecting it. I think we are going to have a great season!!!
his jersey is reversible. it started out red, but then he had to switch it when it was decided what team he was going to be on.
Keegan's team and the coach-Simon (he's an Aussie)
pregame devotional
he picked KFC as lunch after the game.








0 smarmy thoughts:
Post a Comment