Here's to our crazy life with 4 kids and a dog!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Book update

I've been a reading fool lately. So have the boys. We got some new books here lately and I wanted to share our findings on each of them.
First the boys' books:
Keegan adores all things train related. I found this book and of course just had to get it. It talks about dinosaurs that board a train and all the trials that follow them. Will they ever ride a train again? If they don't how will they get to where they are going? It's a fantastic ride for any age. I highly recommend it!


Seth on the other hand loves all book Dr. Seuss. He picked this one out and reads it daily (I'm so glad that he can read on his own now-the first book he ever read on his own was a Dr. Seuss book). Since we recently moved to AZ he has wanted to learn more about maps and where things are. It's a great book full of fun adventures. And since it's Dr. Seuss you just can't go wrong!

Now it's my turn:

So I tried to read this. Built up from all the hype surrounding the musical (that my niece Jess can't get enough of and I must say the music is pretty good) I thought the book might be pretty good. I was wrong. It's hard to get into, the author spends a lot of time building up the story by adding things that aren't necessary. I got about a quarter the way through it and just couldn't go any further. The use of "potty mouth" language also didn't help the cause at all. If you've read it I'd love to hear your take on it. I doubt I will ever finish it and it doesn't make me want to go see the musical any time soon either since it's based on the book.....


I just finished this one yesterday. So at least it was pretty good since I did in fact finish it. However, I must say that even though it wasn't hard to put down I had the urge to finish it. The author isn't Stephenie Meyer by a long shot, but it was a decent book. I'm actually going to finish the series. Book 2 is out and book 3 won't be out until November. It's about 2 teenage girls living in a vampire inhabited world. They go to the vampire academy where one is royalty and the other is sworn to protect her. The story line follows these 2 girls their trials and mishaps at the school. The ending was anticlimactic and didn't leave me longing for more, but an interest in how the next book will go. Once again, would love to hear your thoughts on this one too.

*and as so not to leave paige out.....she's been looking at a baby einstein board book. she loves all the pictures in it!!


So there's some opinions. I'll update again after a few more books have been read. Still waiting on BREAKING DAWN with avid anticipation!! It BETTER arrive (in the mail-I've already pre-ordered it) on the release date or i'm going to go out of my mind!!!

Up next......FROSTBITE (book 2 in the vampire academy) and THE HOST.

1 smarmy thoughts:

Janna said...

Shucks, our library didn't have the Dr.Seuss maps book. May have to look into buying it.