1-4-11
Guess who came home??? Dan surprised us all and was able to come home. And since mema and papa were here and she happened to have the blessing dress with her we decided to go ahead and have Bronwyn blessed. Another reason was that Dan was now not longer coming home in March so it was gonna be now or when she's 6 months old. That's no good, so we went with now. Unfortunately, we had to do it at home, she's still not supposed to be around a lot of people (bummer) so church was not an option. It was also the last day that mema and papa were gonna be here and I wanted them to be a part of it. So at almost 3 weeks old, Bronwyn was blessed in our living room with Dan, papa and Bishop Barkdull. I was grateful that the Bishop was willing to work with us at the last minute.
Mema made the blessing dress. She's made the blessing outfit for all of her grandchildren. Each one a little different. All gorgeous might I add!!!
When Bronwyn is a little older (perhaps next month) I'll take her to get her pictures made in the dress. Another something I do with all our babies. Their first official pictures are those in their blessing outfits. Great memories!
So now Bronwyn is official and we are so thankful that she's finally healthy and a permanent member of our family and she completes our family!
After the blessing every one relaxed a bit and changed out of church clothes. Since Dan had only gotten home that morning and knew he wasn't going to have a whole lot of time with mema and papa-he decided that we should go out to lunch. Yes I know...Bronwyn is not supposed to be out in public. Well...sssshhh...don't tell her doctor. So off to Golden Corral we went. Luckily for us it wasn't busy and we picked a table that wasn't really close to many people. It was a fun time.last picture taken with mema and papa before they headed up to the airport. Very sad to see them leave, but we know that later in the year we'll be seeing them again. :)
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Blessing Day
all the pictures were taken on the 4th, my camera is being stupid and pasting the wrong date on all my pictures....ggrrrr!!!
Posted by Rebekah at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 smarmy thoughts:
That is SO awesome that Dan was able to come home and bless the baby! YAY! I bet it was just so special and more intimate with family doing it at home than in the church with all the people, but it is still nice to have friends there.
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy Dan was able to come home and you could bless her! At first I saw the picture and thought you had photoshopped it or it was Dan with one of your other kids...and then read that he'd come home. That's so amazing! How long will he'll be able to stay??
we were totally excited! he's only here for a couple of weeks, but any little bit is good!!! then he's off to afghanistan (booo!!).
Post a Comment