Here's to our crazy life with 4 kids and a dog!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fire

Since we came on vacation a fire started in the mountains behind our house. Some stupid campers left a campfire going and it has started a MASSIVE fire. It's burning everywhere and most of our ward living in Hereford have been evacuated. Super scary. Another fire started on post and our neighborhood also had to be evacuated but that one was smaller and was put out within a day. Now my neighborhood is on pre-evac orders. The people that were watching the house and collecting the mail got the heck out of dodge and now we have someone else watching over the house. But what will happen if they leave? yeah....there goes my house. arg.....i'm really worried that when we get home, there won't be a home to come home to....

these are pictures that obviously I didn't take. I got them off the facebook page for the fire. i'm very sad for my ward family.....and scared to death to lose my house.

this is on google maps. the area in grey with the exclamation point in it is where my house is-that means that area is a pre-evac area. the area in red are areas that have been evacuated.....








2 smarmy thoughts:

Danielle said...

oh no! I will pray for you and your home. How scary!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Okay, I've been totally worried about your house. Any news?? Keeping my fingers crossed that your home will be safe and sound!! How scary!