Here's to our crazy life with 4 kids and a dog!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bisbee 1000

So I got a wild hair and signed up to do the Bisbee 1000 with a friend and her husband. I wasn't expecting to be recovering from surgery when I did it. Did I mention that I just had gallbladder surgery-yeah 2 weeks post-op. Awesome! I must be completely out of my mind. It's one of those things that you have on your bucket list and now that I've done it, I don't ever have to do it again. And I mean it, never again. The stairs just about killed me! The premise of this race is that it's about a 5k (it's actually a bit more than that). There is a series of stairs that you have to climb a few at a time. 9 stair cases in all that adds up to 1000 stairs. The flat parts of the race were fine, the stairs were killers. Glad that I did it, even though I thought I would have to stop at one point, I'm glad that I finished it. It was an experience.
before the race

the crowd, we were pretty far back

the beginning of the race- notice more people walking than running

stair case #1

#2


these walls were outside someone's house. i loved the one with the glass in it


the view from atop staircase 2

 #4

#5

view from atop stair case 5

at this point I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish. i was dying!



#8


last one!! wahoo!!!

right after I climbed the last stair. don't let the picture fool you....i was really winded.

the finish line!! i was ABSOLUTELY not doing this for any sort of time record. i was just thankful I finished!!

got my medal and i'm ready to go home and sleep the rest of the day!

2 smarmy thoughts:

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Hooray!!! You're awesome! I can't imagine how hard that would have been. I would have died on stair #1. hahaha And after recovering from surgery??? Oh my. You're an inspiration!!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Happy for you!