Here's to our crazy life with 4 kids and a dog!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Border Patrol

12-20/22-08

I just have to share this. We've gone north a few times since mema and papa have arrived. Everytime we do this we have to go through the border patrol stop. Normally they would ask a question that would lead them to believe you are legal or check paper work or something. Well not the Captain Literal that we encountered not once, but twice on different occasions.

Conversation #1:
CL: License please.
husband: here you go
CL: Is everyone an American citizen?
husband: um.....yeah....
CL: thanks have a nice day

He was as serious as an heart attack too..That's what was so funny about it. What were we going to say, uh......no I'm not.....I'm a terrorist "i kill you" . Oh man.

The next time we headed north we encountered Captain Literal again. I figured he may have changed his tune and gotten into something a little more appropriate.....but no......
this time it was: "What's your nationality?"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? Somebody promote this guy because he's going to catch all the illegals coming north from Douglas, AZ. Seriously......I needed Tylenol from all the laughing we did.



2 smarmy thoughts:

Christi Graham said...

You know, I think I have encountered the same guy. It must be the same one. I was taking Connor up to the temple for a youth temple trip and the border patrol guy, asked for id. I showed him my military id and my driver's license. He asked if we were legal? Uh, yeah!!! LOL

Jen H. said...

Doesn't just make you feel warm and cozy knowing how well the government is doing! I think that we can all take a great big sigh of relief... AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!