Yesterday we spent the afternoon with some friends from the ward and their family. The goal was to make gingerbread houses and cookies. The kids all had a blast. There were cookies and candy bits everywhere. I think our monkeys had the best time because they finally had someone other than mom and dad to play with for an extended amount of time. So I made my attempt at a homemade gingerbread house and well it's sparse, but pretty. I've always just done the kits that you can buy that already has everything you need and there's not really any thought necessary. Needless to say I won't be winning any awards with this one, but it's cute in it's minimalism.
We did have a good time with them and enjoyed their company. I just hope they had as much fun as we did!! Hopefully we didn't scar them too much! hahaha
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Gingerbread
Posted by Rebekah at 8:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 smarmy thoughts:
how fun!!!
this is a tradition we do every year with our friends! love it
I have always used the kits as well, so BRAVO to you for making is yourself. Looks like a lot of fun.
How fun! What a good mom you are to give your kids such a fun memory and tradition! I don't know if I'm patient enough to let the frosting dry and keep the walls together and the candies on...I may just have to eat it.
Post a Comment