Our Valentine's day was nice. The boys were able to dress down for school (and anytime we can, we do!). They were able to wear jeans and either a white, red or pink shirt and since my boys don't wear pink ("mom pink is for girls!") they chose a white shirt for Seth and Keegan wore red. They enjoy those days. Paige, Bronwyn and I stayed home for the morning so Paige could have a playdate with her friend. We made sugar cookies and they had a great time frosting them. Then we headed off to get a tire fixed (again) and then to the grocery store until it was time to pick up the boys from art club at the school. I had asked them earlier in the month where they'd like to go to dinner. Anywhere except fast food, because I knew that their choice would be McDonald's if I didn't put a qualifier on it. They chose Golden Corral hands down. I was ok with that. I enjoy eating there and I know they'll eat when we go there so it's a win-win. Of course we sorely missed Dan today. Kind of crummy that he's so far away. He did send me some beautiful flowers that came with chocolate and bubble bath. Paige was so cute, she said "mommy, daddy sent us flowers!!" Sad to think that he'll miss next years too.....anyway...
I ended the night having an ear infection and spending several hours at urgent care. Fun....I am thankful for visiting teachers who are willing to put their lives on hold to come and lend a hand. She was able to come and sit with the children so I could go. SSSSOOOO thankful for that!!!
Over all is was a great day and we really enjoyed being together! I have 4 of the best valentine's ever and they know how to make their momma smile!! The only way it could have been better is if Dan were here.....but at least next year we'll be down to weeks that he has left, not months, so it'll be special as well.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Valentine's Day 2011
Posted by Rebekah at 10:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 smarmy thoughts:
I'm hoping you're feeling better from your crazy ear infection!! Like you needed that.
How sweet that Dan sent you flowers and treats! I'm sure he misses you just as much as you miss him...
here's to hoping your countdown goes by fast.
She is so adorable, I just want to squish those cheeks :) Hope things are going well and miss you guys terribly, come up for a visit!
Post a Comment