We were able to head up to the Desert Museum up in Tucson as part of our spring break festivities. We went with some friends (trips like this are always better with friends). The kids had a great time! Seth even got car sick on the ride up there. In fact, the last time we went I was the one holding my head out the window in hopes that I wouldn't puke in the car. But he was fine as soon as we made it to our destination.
It was nice and warm but not ridiculously hot (thank goodness). Some of the animals were out and there were tons of people. I think everyone had a great time! I really enjoyed it. Even Bronwyn had fun. Well as much fun as you can at 3 months old! After the museum we went to cici's pizza for a late lunch/early dinner and ate until we couldn't eat any more (there goes my diet). I haven't had CiCi's pizza in MANY years. It was really good. I highly recommend the mac n cheese pizza! Fab.u.lous!
Here are some of the pictures from our fabulous day!!
The downside to our day was the drive home. We had to take the scenic route. Driving to Tucson is painful enough, but the long way home we took was torture. I swear I lost a year of my life on that road. We saw an accident on the way up that had traffic backed up for over 6 miles. I was positive it would have been cleaned up by the time we were to head home (we left at 9am and we didn't head home until after 5pm). Well my friend called from the road saying that the highway was still closed and that I would need to take an alternate route or risk sitting in traffic all night. That was NOT appetizing to me at all so we took the scenic route. Took us 2 hours to get home.....and we were out in the middle of no where. Ug....oh well. Got a real pretty view of the moon, and the kids were terribly patient so that was a HUGE relief. They watched a movie and just let the world pass them by. By the time we got home at 730p we were all tired of being in the truck and ready to relax. It was a wonderful day (I even got sunburned) and probably the highlight of our spring break.








1 smarmy thoughts:
Yeah!! Sounds like such a fun day - minus the nasty drive home! It seems so crazy to me to see sunshine and hear about sunburns...we're getting sunbreaks every now and again, but it still doesn't quite feel like spring here.
That pizza sounds really good - what in the world? Mac and cheese pizza?? uh, yum!
Post a Comment